When building a new home you might be mistaken for thinking that you don’t need a building inspection, after all, it’s brand new. Issues that you might not see now could cost you dearly in the very near future.
By investing a small amount in a building inspection before the keys of your new build are handed to you, it could save you a lot of time, money and heartache, let’s see why.
Why do I need a building inspection before the build?
- If you want to cross-check whether your builder is sticking to the building codes a building inspection will give you an unbiased opinion; this will ensure that builders have built your home in compliance of all the builder codes and regulations of your state.
- It gives you a second set of eyes and ears throughout the process, which will provide you comfort in the structural integrity of your new home build.
- A building inspector can give you a comprehensive understanding of the entire process. Contractors will come and go throughout the building process but having a building inspector means someone is looking at the project in its entirety.
- Working in the building industry for years, building inspectors like GCPPI know what to look out for and where some of the potential short cuts may be taken, sometimes not even intentionally.
- When you want to have a proof read report about the whole process regarding the construction and pre-construction with detailed images and explanations citing each observation of potential improvement.
- If you want to save money during the build, and avoid any eminent loss due to a mechanical error which might happen.
- To have an insight into the structural strength your build is gaining through your building inspector. Major aspects include:
- Pre-slab pour inspection.
- Frame and brickwork inspection.
- Final handover inspection.
- Footing inspection.
- Lockup stage inspection.
- Waterproofing inspection.
- Pre-handover / practical completion stage inspection.
- Fixing stage inspection.
Don’t wait for the cracks to show when you can get GCPPI to ensure the process runs smoothly and you get everything you paid for. Call now!